At the October 7th meeting, it was suggested that we have four board positions instead of three. This is a valid point. Since the treasurer position is part of most organizations, it is a natural fit as the fourth board position. While our association charges no dues, at some point, Scenic Shores Neighborhood Association may have money to work with.
Other neighborhood associations around Fort Worth have asked for special funds from drillers when negotiating contracts. Funding the neighborhood association with money from the drillers strengthens the association without charging the residents dues. For now, the treasurer's duties will simply be a board position (with no monetary responsibilities).
If you would like to run for treasurer of the Scenic Shores Neighborhood Association, please post your name below with any information you wish to share. At the October 21st election, you will have the opportunity to speak before the ballots are cast.
Duties of the treasurer will include:
1. Collect membership dues and keep records of paid members.
2. Maintain custody of all financial records of the association and deposit all such funds in a bank approved by the Executive Board.
3. Pay all bills and distribute funds by check only upon receipt of a bill.
4. Submit a written financial report at each meeting and give a copy to the Secretary.
5. Perform such other duties as requested by the President or Executive Board.