If you would like to run for president of the Scenic Shores Neighborhood Association, please post your name below with any information you wish to share. At the October 21st election, you will have the opportunity to speak before the ballots are cast.
The duties and responsibilities of the president will include:
1. Public speaking on behalf of the neighborhood association - when issues arise that involve the association, the president should be willing to speak before the city (e.g. council, committees, etc.) as well as the news media (e.g. newspapers, television, etc.) or any other organizations, groups, or people that affect the neighborhood.
2. Attending and participating in important meetings - There are numerous organizations for which the president must consistenly participate. They include: regular meetings of the Lake Worth Alliance (LWA), city council meetings of interest (when issues concerning the neighborhood are discussed), city committee meetings (e.g. Capital Improvement Implementation Plan (CIIP)), gas lease meetings, etc.
3. Assisting and acting on behalf of members - when neighborhood issues arise that need the association's influence, the president needs to be willing to compose letters and emails as well as initiate phone calls and meetings with authorities.
4. Presiding at all meetings of the Association - The president will oversee the meetings of the neighborhood association and shall vote when necessary to break a tie.
5. Signing with the Treasurer or any other officer authorized by the Executive Board, all checks, contracts, and other legal documents.
6. Appoint committee chairpersons with approval of the Executive Board - when committes are necessary, the President will need to find and appoint people for the committee.
Note: Those who have run neighborhood associations will tell you that it is helpful to have "thick skin" and a diplomatic manner.